So this week a couple ladies started studying spiritual warfare.
I learned so much just from the first study on Wednesday morning (complete with pancake puffs- Jenny is not only a wise and great teacher, but so hospitable)
Anyway, I am not going to share everything I learned but here is something that definitely sticks out and others should be aware of:
Ephesians 6:10-14
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, [fn] against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places]. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Notice the 4x he talks about standing. That's what we are called to do as warriors of our faith- stand. When the blows come, temptations knock, the doubt and discouragement try to camp out, the depression turns lifes sunny skies gray, the baby wears on your last nerve, whatever war you fight... stand in His strength. We're all fighting the war, sometimes it looks like we are all fighting different battles of pride, lust, lies, lonliness, heartbreak, and suffering. We may be in different battles at different times, but as believers we are fighting the same war. I dont know why I am just starting to see it that way... every day as a disciple is an April Fool's day. Every day the enemy is looking to trick us, steal from us, destroy us, and take our lives. He may win some battles... but he must forget who has won the war. Stand strong brothers and sisters. Fight for your faith, fight for your Father, fight for forever with Him.
When you think about words to describe one sinning... what are some that come to mind?
backsliding, trapped, falling, wavering, etc- all the opposite of standing firm, having balanced footing.
I wrote about being balanced last time... apparently I need to be in way more ways than I realized.
I got a forward this week that said:
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"
cause we're gonna put on His armor
We wear His seal. Wear it proud.
We wear a breastplate of righteousness, we carry a shield of faith to dart the arrows of the wicked one, we are held up by truth, we are prepared with the gospel, our heads are covered by helmets of salvation, and last but not least... we've got swords. We carry the sword of the Spirit. We've got the word.
A- Recognize attacks from satan for what they are and stand firm. Are there areas that you know you struggle with, where you lose your balance, where you get caught even?
R- Where has your footing slid in the past? Do certain things/people/etc try and trap you? Are you willing to stand firm for everything you believe in?
M- Ephesians 6:10-14
The Stand- Hillsong
You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand
You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I came to reread this after us talking about the verse Psalm 46:10
ReplyDeleteBe still and know that I am YHWH
I will be exalted in the earth
What a great point you make it takes balance to stand firm
No matter what is going on around us He knows the end from the beginnning.
It our job to walk with Him, stand for Him
still = don't flinch
Hebrew is raphah - cease your efforts.
Personal initiative is no substitute for reliance on Him.