This year I have been learning to trust my God.
When I submitted my life to His lordship, things have been coming easy for me and to me.
I trust Him in providing a roof over my head, and food on the table, having fellowship, etc. I plan on graduating in May, and looking for a job, who knows where, doing what, but I trust that He has a plan that is already laid out and will guide me there.
I have watched many of my friends and family quit jobs, move, sell their homes, change schools, etc this year all with the intention of living a purposeful life for Him. None of the decisions were made lightly and without a lot of prayer. Some are still waiting on their homes to sell, or waiting for that call back from their interview.
So I am learning through minor details in my life and not so minor events in my friends lives. One family in particular. The Proffitt's.
One year ago, Aaron and Ashlee Proffitt expanded their family with the birth of Aaden.
Also, almost a year ago, they lost that same sweet baby. I remember praying that morning at our house with lots of brothers and sisters, I think I started and I remember praying through all of our sobbing "I will still love You". Now in retrospect, I think my declaration of love was a cover up for what was really pulling at my soul. Will I still trust you though? I did, and I do. I have some awesome examples of how. Aaron and Ashlee, and their family have been through something unfathomable. Yet they still trust, they sold their home, moved away from everything they knew, and are heading up a church plant to see more people come to know our Savior. They are serving our God with more passion and purpose than ever before.
My friends and I had our hearts shaped this year. Through tragedy, joy, pain, healing, love, encouragement, change, but mostly I think- trust.
Learning to trust in His sovereignty.
So tell me, when He asks You, do you trust me? With whatever it is, especially the not so easy things... How will you reply?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment