Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swept Away

In my first post I mentioned I had an assignment. I said I would elaborate more on it later, now is later.

I want to say it was back in December Yah just really laid on my heart to write a story. Our story. The story of how and from what I was redeemed and brought into a true love with Him. My Bridal Story. It's about how He saved my life, essentialy gave me new life. He made me new. He made my heart whole. He made me His. Throughout the chapters you see our relationship unfold.

I have a very passionate heart towards women's ministry, especially, when it comes to women who have been through similiar situations as I have. I always knew Yah would use those situations for His glory someday and He has. He is going to continue to and I think one of the ways He is going to do that is through this book He wants me to write. I am a little half way through. One day in December He organized the entire book, gave me chapters, verses to start each chapter off with, etc. I have written about 7 out of 12 chapters thus far. A very smart friend of mine is editing it for me. Another friend offered to do the design and layout. Another friend said she would do photography for the front and back cover. And another friend said he would write a song to go with it. I dont know if it will ever get published. I suppose that doesnt really matter as long as I am listening to what He wants me to do... I trust the plans He has already made. He will receive glory through it, whether it is from being published and many women coming to know their Savior, their Reedemer who will not forget them and is constantly trying to woo them... or whether it is to stir up memories in me to remember Him, remember what He brought me out of, what He healed me from, delivered me from...so that I would remember to repent and thank Him.

Regardless, He can do what He will with it.

J.R. already has. He wrote a song to go with it. He is incredibly talented. Yah has blessed him with the amazing ability to write lyrics that seriously stir the depths of your soul. Not to mention he sounds great. Check him out!

To The One That I’m Pursuing -J.R. Mondell

I want you to come back
I’ve been watching all the while
It breaks My perfect heart
To see you lose your smile
To look on
To see you be deceived
All while longing for a love
A love that’s found in dreams

Desperately seeking
A way to take control
A way to fill the emptiness
A way to be made whole
Destruction, is the path you’re on
You can run from Me but you can only run so long

Well stop what you’re doing
You’re the one I’m pursuing
The heart that I have made,
Is the same one that I’m wooing
Open your eyes to see
True love exists in Me
Let today be
The day your King sweeps you off your feet

Here is an excerpt from the book, the chapter titled "Rejected Relationships", so you can see where J.R. probably got the inspiration for the lyrics.

"My dream of being a pure, spotless bride was ruined and my feelings froze. It was better to be numb then feel rejection. I grew incredibly resentful and bitter as a person. My warm bubbly personality started to turn cold. It was just easier that way.

These crazy stories of me chasing after love aren’t foreign to you are they?

Behind every girl is a dream that we will be wooed, swept off our feet, actively pursued, being completely romanced.

The truth is there is someone who is actively pursuing you. He was actively pursuing me. He kept me from the dangers of sexually transmitted disease, He kept me from illegitimate children and looking back, I can see so many areas of my life He was right there beside me trying to lure me away from the guys with empty promises, the ones that would end up breaking my heart. I didn’t respond.

My response was an non-responsive ignoring type. To ignore and resist the type of love he had to offer. A self sacrificial love that died for me, and died for you too.

He wants and is currently trying to woo you now. Can you feel it? Hear it? Try harder.

Maybe you are running to fast in the opposite direction. Maybe you are so busy, the noise surrounding you is too loud.

Get quiet, slow down, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. (verse, be still and know that I am God)

He pursued a woman in the gospel of John. A Samaritan woman at a well who had been with many man, to the point that she was an outcast.

People wouldn’t have associated with her. She had a bad reputation if you know what I mean. (I sure did… do the words slut, whore, easy, ring a bell?)

But Jesus loved her just the same. He died for her the same death he died for everyone else who has every lived.

The thing is, is that we have the option to love Him back, being embraced by His welcoming arms. We have the choice to be completely forgiven, washed clean, being restored to purity, and come into the greatest love we will ever know.

Greater than any human relationship, or human love. This lover offers freedom, this love offers an everlasting love. Can you imagine that?
In a world where the divorce rate is over 50%, where adultery is seen as common, where children every where are growing up with only one parent. His love doesn’t go away. Is that too hard for you to fathom, you think that is impossible?

Me too. At least for a little while…"


Not anymore though. I am swept away. I have known no greater love.
I now can truly love because I know His love. He loved me first. He loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that was a pretty powerful chapter. That and chapter 3 were big ones for the song. I always say that hearing the testimonies of my friends being hurt, hurting themselves, and going through those tough times both breaks my heart and builds my faith because of who you all have become. Needless to say, I can't wait to read about those times in the remaining chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a little off topic, but your phrasing of "My Bridal Story" reminded me of Dickinson:

    A Wife – at Daybreak – I shall be –
    Sunrise – Hast Thou a Flag for me?
    At Midnight – I am yet a Maid –
    How short it takes to make it Bride –
    Then – Midnight – I have passed from Thee –
    Unto the East – and Victory.

    Midnight – Good night – I hear them Call –
    The Angels bustle in the Hall –
    Softly – my Future climbs the Stair –
    I fumble at my Childhood’s Prayer –
    So soon to be a Child – no more –
    Eternity – I’m coming – Sir –
    Master – I’ve seen the Face – before –

    ReplyDelete