This is my first attempt in the blogging world. I never created one before because I never thought I had anything interesting enough to write about that people would want to read. I probably still dont but I am going to write anyway. It seems appropriate to practice given my current assignment from God (stay tuned to read more about that).
I titled this blog Living Purposefully because that is what I will attempt to exemplify through my postings. God has brought me to a point in my life where I am going to respond to every day with a purpose. No matter what the given situation or circumstance. I've learned over the past year that we as humans have the capability of responding rather than reacting. Well I am choosing to respond to each day as a mission. I carry a valuable message and I dont want a day to go by that I am not purposefully fulfilling my role designed by God in some way shape or form.
We have the free will to choose life or death in the spiritual sense but when it comes to living or dying in the physical sense, it's not up to us. So until the decision is willed that my alloted physical time is up, I am going to choose life in the spiritual sense every single day. My God gives me purpose for living, He gives me assignments, He teaches me, and He makes this life worth living, because I am doing it for Him nowadays(I didnt always...but that is a post for another time).
Remember in high school, the principal would always say on the announcements, "make it a great day or not, the choice is yours".
Well we also have a choice, to live for truth, for the greatest love ever known, or ever will be. Or, to live for this world, and the empty things in it. The unsatisfying and mundane things of this life. The first option offers eternal life. The second option, well, who knows how long that will last, but I can guarantee you it wont be forever.
“Whence proceeds the great stupidity of men, who, bound fast to the present state of existence, proceed in the affairs of life as if they were to live two thousand years…. In short, men are so dull as to think that thirty years, or even a smaller number, are, as it were, an eternity; nor are they impressed with the brevity of their life so long as this world keeps possession of their thoughts…. How speedily our life vanishes away. The imagination that we shall have long life, resembles a profound sleep in which we are all benumbed.”
- John Calvin
“Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath.”— Psalm 39: 4-5
Make every breath count for something. Make it count for Him.
more on how to choose and live for Him in the coming posts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to see you picked up blogging! I'll be keeping up with it! I hope you're having a great time up in Harrisonburg, we miss you guys a lot!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you've joined the blogging world! :-) I don't keep up with mine (www.xanga.com/ADifferentKindOfFree) as much as I'd like to, but it is fun. Hope you have an awesome day!
ReplyDelete-Kate
So I'm think you're going to get your book published, then start writing daily devotionals and your unexpected career as a writer will take off...
ReplyDeletethanks yall.
ReplyDeletehow to I become followers of your blogs?
So I'm loving all of these avenues that you're using to share and be transparent about His love and how He's changed your life and the power that He provides!
ReplyDeleteProud of you- thanks for being an awesome example!
Love you.
Hey Sarah, you just go to http://blogger.com/home and then scroll down under your "Reading List" and click "Add". Then just paste in anyone's blog URL.
ReplyDeleteSo for mine you'd paste in: http://blog.thomasroten.com
For J.R.'s you'd paste: http://jrmondell.wordpress.com